Thursday, July 19, 2007

Slacker

Admitting it is the first step.

That is me.

It's been kind of nutty with my schedule this week - that's my excuses and I am sticking to it. I went in to work Tuesday for the Midnight shift. And Wednesday I went in for 2nd shift.

I have exercised once this week. I did 60 minutes on the NordicTrack. I thought about going running this morning, as I am back to normal work hours, but somehow managed to put the alarm radio on AM rather than FM like it was supposed to be. I guess I might have needed the extra sleep.

My knee? Have not done my PT exercises this week either. Feeling twinges when I walk. But the good news is that it does not hurt. I am guessing it does not hurt since I have not run since Saturday. Although, I did run 8 miles on Saturday without much pain... I am hoping to get in at least 10, and hopefully 15 on Saturday. I am planning on going EARLY so I will be done before it gets too warm. That means I likely will not be running with my group again. And after that, I will be going to my parent's house to see how their garden is faring, and pick what I can - as they are in Olkahoma, and are not real sure when they are coming home.

My brother-in-law is still in intensive care. I guess my younger niece was having a bit of a melt-down last night. She does that, but this is probably related to the fact that she has not been able to see her father at all (they won't let children in the ICU, unless it is a "dire" circumstance.) They operated on his leg yesterday, and hopefully that is the only surgery he will have - so they can start weaning him off of the pain meds and remove some of the tubes and intubations. It's gonna be a long road to recovery for him.

Yikes, just yikes.

At least I can still run.
~a

No comments: