Thursday, July 12, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

It's all there today...

the good: Looks like Eric has sold the boat! The one he was supposed to sell last year, the one that he wanted to "fix up" before he sold it, the one I told him mid-June that he could not go fishing until he had it up for sale...

the bad: Knee is still being cranky. Ran on the Treadmill Tuesday night, I was not able to do the 5 miles I had planned. Ran 3 this morning, and it is giving me "twinges" today, but not unbearable pain. I have a PT appointment tomorrow.

the ugly: I got a call from my mom and dad this morning, telling me that they were not going to be around this Saturday to go shopping like we had planned... They were on their way to Oklahoma... My brother-in-law got hit by a car while riding his bicycle yesterday. Someone found him laying by the side of the road. He has a broken leg and a broken hip. The MRI showed that he has what they suspect is a small bleed in his brain, but not big enough that they need to operate right away - they are monitoring him.

So if you pray, please do.
~a

Update: here's the story from the news station I also talked to my sister, who says he's responsive, but he had a collapsed lung most likely caused by the collision, and they are not sure what kind of surgery, if any he is going to need for his hip/leg.

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your BIL. Thank God somebody found him before a bad situation got even worse. I will definitely send a shout-out up to The Big Guy that he is healthy in no time.