Monday, March 05, 2007

Somewhat better...

Yeah, so I figured out I can't just write down what I eat, I need to keep track of the points, or at least to make a good-faith effort to track points.

And I hate it.

I hate thinking about what I put in my mouth. I hate planning out what to eat. I hate packing snacks and such for when I travel. I hate measuring things. I hate feeling deprived when others are eating and drinking without a care.

But on the flip side, I HATE that I don't fit into my clothes. I hate having my photo taken - I try and hide the fact that I have a double chin (again) by lifting up my chin, and it still does not work. I hate feeling fat. And most of all, I hate it when I feel self-conscious when my husband touches me.

That being said, I had a decent weekend. I ran with the group on Saturday morning. 3 times around Lake Como without walking. That's about 4.5 miles. I also wrote down what I ate, ate a decent meal before we went out to a party, didn't drink any wine or beer (well, I had sips here and there to see what other people's drinks tasted like, but I stopped there - I knew what it tasted like, and I did not need more) .

Sunday, we ate brunch at the bowling event we attended... and I guesstimated the points, and figured I had used up all of mine for the day, and then some - so for dinner I had a salad with a bit of salad spritzer (1 calorie per spray), dill pickles, and two large cups of hot tea. Seriously... lettuce and pickles for dinner. Eric made Sesame Chicken for himself, and I think was kind of hurt that I didn't want any. But life is about choices, isn't it?

Well, traveling again this week. I get to go to Portage, WI for two days. At least the hotel has a treadmill. I just need to figure out what hours it is open, and fit it into my meeting schedule.

That being said, I need to get my rear in gear, and get on the road.

~a

No comments: