Monday, March 05, 2007

100 calories

Okay seriously, everyone has jumped on the 100-calorie bandwagon.

On my travels, I knew I would have a fridge and a microwave in my hotel room, so I stopped at the grocery store (Super Wal-Mart...) and bought stuff for dinner and snacks, since I didn't manage to grab more from home. There are 100-calorie packs of everything now - I saw Doritos, Chetos cheese balls, Chips Ahoy, Grahm Crackers, Wheat Thins, Cheese Nips, Nutter Butters, and Hostess cupcakes. I also saw that pop secret now has 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn. I've also seen 100-calorie lowfat granola bars. In the same vein, Quaker has a 90 calorie pack of mini rice cakes.

I admit it, I buy them. But holy cow, there sure are a lot of them out there - it makes me wonder how many people buy them, then eat the whole box.

It does make me happy to see that there are healthier/controlled portions out there. And packages that have 1 serving in them - unlike the "grab bag" of pretzels that has 2.5 servings in it. Seriously???? Who actually will eat 1 serving out of a bag like that? And how do they figure out what a serving is - is it something arbitrary that they make up to make their nutrition information look good?

In another vein, it is day 3 of counting points, again. I am feeling a little less hostile about it than I did this morning. I still don't really like it, but it's good to feel a little more in control of things. And I really did need to get back into the water and fruit/veggie habbit. Scale was down a little bit this morning, but still way higher than I would like.

No exercise today - but you can bet that I will be on the treadmill in the morning.

g'night!
~a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah OMG we LOVE the Lorna Doone cookies but I want to eat more than one pack if we have them!