Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It might not be a lot, but at least it's something.

Biked on the trainer again this morning in the basement. 8 miles/30 minutes. I say again, as I did the same thing yesterday.

But, I stepped on the bathroom scale this morning, and it shows that I am down another pound. I guess that's what accountability will do for you, and not shoving things down my throat willy-nilly.

Like all of the sweet treats that were in abundance at the meeting I attended last night. I stuck to decaf coffee. The running group I belong to is changing into a member-run club, with a board and a president and everything. I put my name in to be on the board, because I feel strongly that the group should continue. But - this might seem strange - I didn't vote for myself. Still on the fence on weather I want to be on yet another board. If elected, I will serve my term, but if I'm not elected, it's not a big deal.

It's turning out to be a rather quiet week at work, which isn't all bad. Next week, I am in Calgary all week. We will see how that goes. I actually a bit nervous about staying on track, as there's usually a LOT of alcohol involved, and I often indulge a bit too much because I start getting cranky... away from home, etc. The week after that, I am taking as vacation time. Because I have to use it up by the end of the year, or I lose it.

Plans are: house cleaning, putting up Christmas decorations, and in general, getting ready for the holidays. Not sure what they will look like this year - my parents will be gone, they are going to my sister's house in Oklahoma, and we had all of my mom's side of the family in town for Thanksgiving. Perhaps it will be just some quiet time with Eric and I. Which is not always a bad thing!

onward.
~a

No comments: