Sunday, October 26, 2008

Vacation

I'm sitting in yet another hotel room.

But I'm on vacation..... and I needed to let my husband nap for a bit before we go out to meet some folks for dinner.

We are in Kentucky, because Eric had a Muskies Inc. meeting here, and I decided I wanted to go with him and hang out. So we flew in to Lexington on Friday, and drove around, in the rain. Stopped at the Daniel Boone National Forrest Visitor center, in the rain. Found our hotel room, in the rain. Went to meet up at the hospitality area, in the rain. And went and got some dinner, again, in the rain. It rained on Friday!

Saturday, I dropped Eric at his meeting, and headed back to the hotel to see what they had for their continental breakfast. Um, donuts, Sunny Delight and Coffee just were not what I was looking for. So I went back to our room, and managed to fall asleep again. When I got up, I was up and out to find one of the hiking trails in the National Park. I hiked for about 3 1/4 hours, and covered about 9 miles. And yes, I was tired...

After that, I noticed that I had missed a call from Eric saying he was done, so I drove straight there, then we went back to the hotel so I could shower. We then went for a drive through more of the National Forrest, then out to dinner and then I was back to the hotel for sleep.

Today, we went out fishing with one of the local Muskies Inc members. And caught nothing. But it was a beautiful sunny, blue skies day out on the water.

Tomorrow, we go home. I hear it's snowing. Yippee.
~a

No comments: