Friday, October 03, 2008

marathon weekend

That's because this is the weekend of the Twin Cities Marathon, not that I have lots going on this weekend. In fact, I think I have more scheduled "down time" than I have in a while.

Not to say there are not things going on. There are.... Eric and I will be leaving shortly to go to the marathon expo, so he can pick up his necessary stuff, and then go with the group to do a final walk-through of the finish area. He runs the clock at the finish line. I will be doing some browsing of running paraphenelia. Because, you know, you can never have enough paraphnelia!

Tomorrow morning, I will be running 8 miles with my running group. Easy peasy.... I did an 8-mile run on Wednesday in.... wait for it.... one hour and 37 minutes. I was doing sub 11-minute miles. For 8 miles in a row. I've never done that before.

Saturday afternoon/evening, I will be doing some socializing. The plan is to do Renaissance Recovery at the Fest grounds at 5pm, then when I feel like leaving, I'm gonna go wish a friend happy birthday at her party.

Sunday, I have not decided what I want to do yet. I might go volunteer with the marathon. I had fun one year making sure only registered runners went into the starting chute (I wear the "Security" T-shirt for pajamas now, since it's a 2XL!). Or I might join some folks with my running group to to cheer on the runners. Or I might just stay home and get stuff done around the house.

On that note, I need a snack to keep me going.
~a

No comments: