Sunday, October 12, 2008

Success.

I finished.

8 minutes faster that my PR. (Personal Record) And that is just completely amazing.

Two hours and twenty five minutes.

I had a hard time not crying at the finish line. I owned that race. If you do the math, I averaged 11:01 minute miles. Next time, I will do sub 11-minute miles.

It was a beautiful day for a run. One of those nice crisp, coolish fall days, with sun peeking through the trees on the trail, which were decked out in amazing fall colors. I vascillated on what to wear, but ended up wearing a running skirt, and my Moving Soles T-shirt, and it was perfect.

I'm a little sore today, since I didn't take enough time to stretch after - I jumped into the car pretty much right after the race to drive home - in time to hurry and get ready to go to a wedding reception. People there were amazed and astounded that I had run a race that morning and I was still there.

That's what training will do for you.

On some associated news, I've decided to try South Beach. Yep. Drinkin' the Kool-Aid I am. Bought a book at Target, and will be reading up on it today. I started the morning with an egg white omlette with garlic scapes, tomato, and fat free feta. Very tasty. I'll need to make up a list and start some planning today.

~a

No comments: