Thursday, October 09, 2008

Nerves

In 36 hours, I will be milling around the starting line.

I'm not sure if I am nervous or not.

I know I can do it. I know I can make it the 13.1 miles. And I don't feel all that nervous right now.... I have been training for 12 weeks. Okay, there was some slacking in there... but I honestly feel like this is the most prepared I have been for a longer race. I've done two 10-mile races, and two half marathons. I have in my mind, a goal to PR this race. Which means I should finish in under 2 hours and 33 minutes, which is slow for most running the race, but that would be fabulous for me!

I think the thing I am most nervous about is the starting chute, and knowing how much I tend to panic in crowds. At least I will have the support of friends to protect my back from being jostled. Yep, irrational phobia girl here.

On another note, Eric took the cat to the vet today, because she has been losing more weight, and is getting kind of bony. The vet thinks she has an overactive thyroid, so hopefully we can get her on some meds to get her to a healthier weight, and so she has some energy! She is 15 years old, so she will never be kittenish, but I would settle for her actually moving around the house and not sleeping all the time.

I need to check the weather forecast, and pack for all running contingencies...
~a

No comments: