Thursday, July 24, 2008

hi

I feel like I have nothing to say as of late.

Things are things. And that's that.

Yeah, I know - criptic much?

I am signed up to run a half marathon in October. I have not been running as much as I should - but I'm still feeling the woes of the hip pull. I definately feel it when I run, and it hurts, but not that bad. And after I get some distance under my shoes, it feels better.

Then the next day, I am stiff and sore. I feel old. I sit for a bit, then when I get up, I walk hunched over until my back straightens out. It really sucks.

I did go for a pretty good run on Saturday. Went around Harriet and Calhoun. My garmin said it was 6.85 miles. Which is further than I have run since last summer, when the knee injury in August wrote an end to my marathon training. Sunday, my friend Quinn and I went kayaking from Calhoun to Lake of the Isles, to Cedar Lake, to Beaver Lake and back. It was a beautiful and gorgeous day, and I can see why people like to kayak so much.

I have been home all week (not traveling), and have worked on getting the fountain next to the patio shaped up and running. I cleaned, and etched, and plugged, and dry-locked the basin. Tonight I put water in it, and hooked up the pump. It looks like it still loses water though. I don't know what else I can do to fix it. I guess I just keep putting more water in it when it is running, so I don't ruin the pump. I am very excited to have people over for book club next Tuesday to have someone other than myself enjoy it!

Today was a really long day, mentally. I did get a nice sushi lunch out of it though - if there is one silver lining to it. Yeah, I got deposed this afternoon, for something at work, which I really can't discuss, because that is the way it goes. But, our council told me that I did a good job. I listened to the questions, and just answered the question that was asked. He said that he does not give praise lightly, and that I deserved it. It was still exhausting.

Oh yeah, and I had a couple of job interviews last week.

Heard from one that "my qualifications did not match their needs as closely as other candidates". Which I think is okay, since it is headquarted on the other side of town, and has up to 50% travel.

Still waiting to hear back from the other, which was a phone interview. I really want that job. I know I would do a good job there. Keep your fingers crossed, and sent me some good vibes that they call me in for a face-to-face interview, where I can convince them to hire me.

I suppose. Off to get some rest, so I can run in the morning... since the best of intentions to exercise after work just don't seem to pan out. Too many other distractions!

~a

No comments: