Thursday, November 08, 2007

Does he do it on purpose?

I sent my husband to the grocery store last night. With a list. And I also made sure to show him the grocery ad to show him what he needed to buy, and to explain the list.

He didn't listen to me.

I put "Light microwave popcorn" on the list.
He bought:
  • Light Kettle Corn
  • Movie Butter mini-bags
  • Butter popcorn
  • Natural Buttery salt and cracked pepper mini-bags (um, yuk...)

I also gave him a coupon for hot pockets. For two. He bought 8, because they were 5 for $10, and he thought he had to buy that many to get the price....

He also bought a spice that we had purchased last time we had been at the grocery store, when we had gone together.

I had given him some cash that should have covered the items on the list, but with all of the stuff he bought extra, he went over, and put it all on a credit card - which I have been telling him NOT to use the credit cards, as I want them PAID OFF so we can concentrate on getting our home equity loan paid down.... "Well, I gave you the cash back...." Minus some money he used because he was short (he's on an allowance, because he overspends, even if he is given limits - another story)

I asked him this morning if he screwed up on purpose, so I wouldn't send him to the grocery store again. He said that it wasn't intentional, but it sounded like a good idea.

I love him, but he just doesn't get it sometimes.

I'm just a bit frustrated with him right now.

Yargh.

~a

No comments: