Sunday, November 25, 2007

Again, not dead...

I just feel like I don't have lots and lots to say.

Weightloss? What's that?

I did step on the scale the other day and scared myself. But yet, I am not doing much to reverse the situation.

Well, let me step back a little. I saw the scary number on the scale, and started counting points again, and doing small amounts of exercise (30 min on the NordicTrack, 3-mile run...) And I was hungry - no lie - for two days straight. I HATE feeling hungry. And it's not like I was eating crap with no substance. And I was snacking on raw veggies and fruit. So, the counting, again, got thrown out the window.

Hi. My name is Anneke. And I have no enthusiasm for the whole weightloss thing right now.

It's also kind of weird, as we have been told at work that there is no overnight travel until the end of the year. As I kept telling people this weekend, I have been at home for the last three weeks, and I am not sure what to do with myself. I will have to say, I have done a lot of stuff in the kitchen, putting together veggie dishes, soups, appetizers, banana bread, and using up all of the space in the freezer, and utilizing pretty much all of the veggies from my farm share.

I have the healty food to eat, I just have to cut out the ice cream, and pie, and brownies, and candy.

Yesterday and today are days of cleaning. In some ways I am avoiding my work computer and the information I need to put together for meetings next week. But it needed to get done. I have cleaned the bathroom (including taking a old toothbrush to the faucet to remove the crud around the bottom) Cleaned, vacuumed, dusted, swiffered the bedroom, office, hallway (dusted the pictures...) and living room, and vacuumed the cat hair off the couches. Brought 3 bags of clothing to Goodwill. Put up some pictures in the guest bedroom that have been on a shelf in a closet since we moved (over three years ago).

Eric has been doing good too with trying to get things straightened/organized. He watched the Oprah show about the hoarding, and came to realize that he is doing some of that... and he has actually made an effort to get some of the halfway finished projects done, and get tools and other materials into a real storage area. I keep telling him if he gets things put away, he will be able to find them later. I think he might have reaized that this is actually pretty true, and he needs to do a better job.

Although some of that might be that I have been home and keep bugging him to get some stuff done.

Anyway, It has been a nice Thanksgiving - it was fairly relaxing, got plenty of rest. And the house is cleaner than it has been in months.

Perhaps I will get in more exercise next week. Can't have everything all at the same time, can we?

~a

No comments: