Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Making the rounds.

That's what's going on this week.

Going from place to place with a couple of women from work, putting on health fairs Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Got to look at a BMI chart today at the health fair. Yippee. I know those things just don't take into account muscle, but it is still depressing to know that according to the chart, I am overweight, bordering on obese. But, I still don't have issues telling people how much I weigh. It's a number. And I weigh a lot more than what I look like.

It would, however, be nice to weigh less. And have my clothes fit better. I also think it would help immensely with my running. Like less pounding on the knee.

Eric and I went to an apple orchard on Sunday last weekend. It was nice to get out and do a "couples" thing together, with just the two of us. Seems like when we are home together over the weekend, we get busy with projects, and I just don't seem to see enough of him!

Anyway, my point .... there had been a 5-mile race at the orchard the day before (Saturday) and I know some folks with my running group were planning on running. But when I saw the posting up while we were there, I got kind of teary.

I want to run. But I am scared of what will happen. And talking to Eric, telling that I was thinking about running, he started getting concerned. I can't push it.

So I brought stuff with me on this trip to go walking. I walked for 50 minutes last night, and for an hour tonight. It sure clears up some of the cobwebs.

And on Monday, I started journalling again. And when the two women I am traveling with broke out candy bars for snacks yesterday, I broke out the cauliflower I had brought with me. They told me I was being too healthy. Um, we are out here putting on health fairs....

Yep, so I am again trying to follow the WW program. I don't plan on going to meetings, because, honestly, they just don't fit into my schedule - really the only day I can go is Saturday, and I would much rather go out with my running group (well, when I am actually running) than sit in a meeting room, trading ideas about food and coping strategies with a bunch of mommies. Not that there is anything wrong with being a mom, but I just don't fit into that group. And this Saturday I am going to be a course marshall for a local half marathon - the Monster Dash. I will be on the corner of Bryant and Minnehaha, if anyone is interested in coming out to visit, and cheer on the runners!

Anyhoo, I have an early morning - my ride will be leaving the hotel here at 6:45, and I did not sleep well in the hotel last night.

toodles
~a

No comments: