Thursday, January 13, 2011

A free weekend

Nothing much planned for the weekend - other than going for a run on Saturday morning... not sure what I am going to do with myself, as my husband left for Chicago this morning, and will be gone until Sunday.

I might finally try and "fix" the shower. The surround was never sealed correctly when we put it up a year or so ago, and I can bathe in the tub - Eric doesn't want to do it because then he can't shower for two days...

Perhaps I will cook up some meals - doing pretty well at using stuff up - last night made chicken and shrimp in a wine sauce. Protein from the freezer, tomatos that were canned from the garden, celery that needed to get used, as it's a bit limp, over some brown rice I got when Tom was cleaning out the cupboards.

We even emptied out some of the fridge drawers, and washed them and the bottom of the fridge last night. What is it about having things clean that makes me happy? I don't really enjoy the "cleaning" part, but after it's done, that's what I enjoy.

This week has been "eh" for both food and exercise. Work meetings, with lunch and snacks brought in (I know I don't have to eat the afternoon cookies... but I do anyway!) and I have just a bit of a cold, which means I wake up with a sore throat and congested sinuses. I know. Excuses. At least I'm admitting it to myself.

Just getting back into the groove of things - and let me tell you, I am glad I am not on the Jaycee board this year. I am still working on things to wrap up last year!

Anyhoo, not much else to say, other than I am sick of all the snow here in Minnesota!

~a

No comments: