Thursday, September 24, 2009

New shoes

I got myself a new pair of running shoes on Tuesday, but that's not the really interesting part of the story....

So, Curtis (my stepson) is in town, between his AIT and his assigned duty station in Texas. and he wated to see us, go out to dinner, that sort of thing, and in talking to him I mentioned that I needed to get a new pair of running shoes. He said that he needed a new pair too, so we made some plans to go shoe shopping before we went out to dinner.

I took him to a local running store, where I just happened to have a 25% discount coupon, which turns into 30% if you donate a pair of old shoes so he could be fitted. We get there, and I know exactly what I want, but say that Curt needs to be fitted. I should also mention that he is wearing his army uniform, and he was very cute walking around the store...

So we start talking about what he has had and what he would like. I say that we got him a pair of Asics in December, a stability shoe. Curt says that he wears a 9.5. I pipe in and say that the shoes we bought him were a 10.5. The lady helping us has him walk a bit to see how he walks to get him in the right type of shoe, then goes to get three different brands of shoes for him to try on. In a 10.5. As he is trying on shoes, I am talking to him about how he sould really get some good socks along with the running shoes, because socks really do make a world of difference. The store helper agreed with me.

After Curt had decided on a pair of shoes, a pair of Saucony's this time, she says to him: "if you like this shoe, but don't remember what kind it is, we keep the information in our store computer, so you can just tell your mom to pick you up another pair of shoes".

Yep. I'm a mom. I guess it had to happen sometime.

~a

No comments: