Monday, January 21, 2008

Stasis

That's what I feel like right now.

I know what I need to do, and I have good days, but then I have a string of really crap days.

The Good:
I exercised six days in a row. 3 days of a warmup and weightlifting, and 3 days of cardio. Intermixed, of course. The best part was the run on the 6th day - with my running group. We just wanted to do an easy 3.5 miles, so pacing ourselves with 12-minute miles... I think I talked the entire time. Gab, gab, gab. Running, yet conversing like I was out walking. Honestly, it was really cool.

Yeah, so last week, I exercised two days.

I suppose the loads and loads of laundry and cleaning the house count as exercise, but it's not the same thing.

I had four days off of work - putzing and getting things ready for our 11th annual "Thank God the Holidays are Over" Party. Which was Friday. I ate and drank and was merry with all of our guests. It was a lot of fun.

Then Saturday, I did a one block fun run. Does that count as exercise? It also included sitting in a bar drinking bloody marys starting at 9:30... Then home for a long nap, and nothing else for the day.

Sunday, a big fat nothing. I sat my ass on the couch in front of the TV, working on a cross-stitch project. With a little recreational eating and drinking thrown in for good measure.

One good week, one bad week... thus the stasis, on the scale that is.

We are going to Mexico on Feb 15th. I know it's an excuse to lose weight so you look "good" but really... I'm not even doing that.

I just need to string a couple more good days together. So today, I was back at the gym, lifting some weights, and I got out the bike and trainer - So I can do that before I go to work tomorrow.

It all stars with a plan, right? Now if I can just follow it...

~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Where in Mexico are you going??? I'm LEAVING Mexico on the 15th... how funny if we overlapped!

I'm kinda like you -- I just seem to have short streaks of good followed by short streaks of really bad.

I blame the weather. Seriously.