Sunday, January 27, 2008

Activity

let's see...

this week, I did 10 min on the treadmill and lifted weights on Monday. Tuesday morning I biked for 30 minutes. Took the day off on Wednesday. Thursday I did 35 min on the bike in the mornng, then ran 15 minutes and lifted weights in the afternoon. Friday I went rock climbing.
Saturday, I ran 5.3 miles in an hour, and today I cross-country skiied for about 45 minutes.

So why am I up 5 pounds?

Oh yeah... perhaps it is all the freaking crap I have been eating.

Sigh. I don't know if I will ever get it all together. I like being active.... I really did well with the run on Saturday. I have not run more than 4 miles since August. And my knee has not hurt since then either.

I just know I'm not going to be able to log the miles I need to if I want to run that marathon in the fall... if I don't take some weight off. There's a reason most marathoners are not heavy. It's really hard on the joints.

In a bit of an aside - cross country skiing today was lots of fun. It was a beautiful day for it. Although there were a few things that were a bit of a bother - such as Kare 11 was doing an event in conjunction with the Winter Carnival, where all of the activities at Como were free, so everybody showed up with their kids to partake of the free downhill skiing and snowboarding, and the rental are was a complete zoo. That and rental equipment sucks. The ski boot I had on had been worn through at the heel, and the plastic part that keeps the back stiff, rubbed a goodly portion of skin off of my heel, and the point of that piece dug in too. Let's just hope it won't rub too badly in my running shoe.

Next week is going to be a joy of traveling. Not. Let's see, I will not be driving all of it, but the "tour" will be by car. We will hit Alexandria, MN on Monday, then drive to TRFalls to stay the night there. Meeting in the morning, then a drive to Minot. Meeting in Minot in the morning then we drive to Jamestown, ND, for a meeting Thrusday in Valley City. Then home. Not really looking forward to it, because I know the food choices will be pretty miserable. And I don't know how much exercising I will be able to do.

Anyway, this afternoon is laundry, and getting packed and ready for the week.

~a

No comments: