Monday, December 17, 2007

I choose

This has become my new mantra.

I choose. I choose to eat or not eat things. I choose to exercise. I choose to sleep in. I feel so much more in control of things, and much more at peace with things.

Two more days of work until I am off until the end of the year. I am so looking forward to it!

Running has been going pretty well lately. Last week, I met with my running group to run at the Dome on Thursday and to run Calhoun on Saturday. It was about 2 degrees on Saturday morning, but it was still great. I will have to say I am a much happier person when I go running. I suppose this makes me a runner. Scary.

Anyway, just doing stuff around the house getting ready for Christmas. Baking, cleaning, decorating, finishing christmas presents... we are doing the lower budget christmas this year: I am using hotel points for gift certificates for some, and making presents (scarves, mittens, hats, crocheted washcloths...) for others. Plus I got a lot of gifts before Thanksgiving.

The other major thing on the agenda this week is getting out the Christmas cards.

I feel boring, but things are actually going pretty well. I feel at peace, and I had a review with my boss on Friday that made me happy. We'll just have to see what the new year brings!

~a

No comments: