Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Banana bread or Biscotti?

It's that time of the year. I have people asking me if it's going to happen again...

Around the Christmas holidays for the past four years, I have been making small loaves of banana bread, and biscotti, and giving them out to the people in my office the day before the Christmas holidays begin. Well, since tomorrow is my last day before I am on vacation until January (WOO HOO), I am bringing in the treats tomorrow. I have 11 loaves of bread, and 14 packages of biscotti all packaged up in holiday treat bags, and ready to grab as I am out the door.

I love Christmas. I love the lights, and the festive spirit, and getting together with friends and family.

Tonight I met up with my running group to do a "Christmas lights" run down Summit Avenue. Not a lot of lights up, but it was a great night, and I was more than happy that I kept up with the people I was running with, with no problem at all. I always feel like I am the slow person in the group. But not tonight. I was right there with everyone.

I don't know what it is, but when I am running on a regular basis, all seems right with my world. Even if I weigh more than I think I should. It's all good. I am strong, healthy, and in shape, and that's all that really matters.

~a

No comments: