Wednesday, May 06, 2009

over doing it

So last Saturday, I had a pretty full day scheduled. And wanting to get in my long run in the morning, I headed out the door at 6:30am. The plan was for 8miles.

4 miles in, at the turn-around point, I decided to run a loop, rather than an out and back. But I didn't realize that the street that I took to do said loop, weaved around quite a bit. My 8-mile run turned into a 9-mile run. Quite unintentionally...

So my timing was off for the next place I had to be - helping out with a garden/grounds cleanup at a local community center. It's a project that I have chaired in the past, and the person who was in charge didn't really do much, so I felt like I was in charge again. So there was about 2 1/2 hours of pretty active "gardening" involved.

After that, it was off to a friend's house to help her with cleaning up her yard/pool/patio. She had been in an accident last fall, and is not able to do as much physical work as she used to, since she is still recovering from the head injury.

Eric and I came home after that, rested a bit, then headed out to a friend's birthday party. It was a pretty full day, to say the least.

So what did I do on Sunday?

Went for a 30 mile bike ride.

Yep. 'Cause I'm kinda insane.

~a

No comments: