Tuesday, May 19, 2009

garbage in, garbage out

You know, if you eat all sorts of crap, your workouts turn to complete crap.

That happened last week on Thursday. It sucked. Big time.

After a day of eating all sorts of candy, empty carbs, etc. I decided it was time to get out and run... So I geared up and headed out the door. The first mile wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good. Then I started pushing the pace a bit (as that is what my training plan calls for...) and ran to a nearby park. Considered stopping at the conviently located port-a-pottie, but decided against it, and kept running.

In hindsite, that was a bad choice.

After about 2.5 miles... I coudn't run any more. As in, my body was telling me that I needed to get myself to a bathroom, and to be quick about it. So I had to walk carefully home the rest of the way.

Eric asked how the run went...

My reply?
"Crappy, literally."

Good times.
~a

No comments: