Wednesday, December 27, 2006

It's amazing what a Library card will do for you...

I handed the nice gentleman at the desk this morning my card, and I wondered why he was giving me such a funny look. He says to me "this is a library card..." Too bad I was at the front desk of my local YMCA.

Okay, so I didn't look when I pulled the card out of the front of my wallet. I guess I have been using my library card more than the Y card, since that was the one that was in front. He was nice, and let me go in anyway.

So this means that I did get my rear end out of bed, and to the Y to run on the treadmill this morning. My sorry butt has not exercised for over two weeks. I was starting to go into withdrawals. So I ran for half an hour. With my new Christmas gift - an mp3 player that will hold up to 16 hours of music, or so it says. So I have been putzing with my new toy, putting exercise friendly/motivational music on it. I need to dig through my CD collection to see what I want to copy on to it. Anyone have any suggestions for good music to run to?

Oh yeah, and this morning, as I was getting up and putting on my exercise clothes, there was something odd in my sock. So I pulled out a business card of my husband's. As I was sitting pondering how/why on earth it was there, I turned it over. The note on the back said: "I love you!" Can you say awwwwwwww? He's a keeper.

Christmas was a good time. I did not stress about food, ate what I wanted, never stuffed myself silly, and the scale is pretty much where it started... of course my clothes are feeling a bit tight. This is what happens when you start losing muscle, and gaining some "padding" fat. I don't think that I will be hopping on the "diet" bandwagon again any time soon, but I will be exercising more. I am feeling way less stressed about food, feeling non-deprived, and a bonus is that the nails on my fingers are looking quite healthy and not splitting or cracked. And, I have clothes that fit me, and look good.

Eric really liked the gift that I got him. He was suprised that he got what he did - I got him a small wood lathe. Slowly but surely he is building up his shop in the basement. Last year my parents and I purchased him a table saw, which he has had a lot of fun using in the last year. Now we just need to get him some sort of dust collection system so the sawdust does not end up all over that area of the basement (and all over the laundry that has been put down the chute!)

Anyway, that's about all I have to say at the moment... perhaps more later after I mull over a few things that have been floating around in my brain that I just don't know what I want to say about them - let's just say that I'm not the only one who has drama (llama - Hi Hil!) in the family...

ta!
~a

No comments: