Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fessing up

I'm scruffing the floor with my toe, and hanging my head.

As with quite a number of other "healthy" initiatives, I have not kept up with the latest initiative, namely the exercise thing.

It's just been a half-assed effort, and I am finding reasons and excuses to park my bottom on the couch in the living room, in front of the television.

So here's a couple of the excuses:
1. A vacation trip to Los Vegas. We walked and walked and walked. The mornings I got up to run, about 2 in the afternoon I was about ready to sit for a couple of hours, because I was so exhausted.
2. Daylight savings. I prefer to get up in the morning and exercise, but an hour earlier???? Yep. Didn't happen. Hasn't happened.

I feel like I have kind of failed. And it makes me both sad and angry, all at the same time.

I should know what I need to do. In fact I'm pretty sure I do know what to do. I just have to stop making excuses and do it.

On a related note, I've kind of accepted the fact that I am the size that I am. I bought myself some new pants and jeans in a larger size, and put all of the stuff that is now two sizes too small in a box. Perhaps if I'm not miserable in my clothing, and I feel better about how I look, that will help to motivate me.

It's the start of a new week. Time to start fresh again, and do the things that need to be done.

~a

No comments: