Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back in the Game

a week later, I go for another run.

And again, it feels great to get out in the morning and accomplish something. I was going to go last night, but I had a meeting at work that lasted, it seemed, forever, and by the time it was done, all I wanted to do was eat some dinner and get some studying done.

Yep. Studying. I haven't said a lot about it, but I am taking a certification exam on Friday. So I can officially put some letters behind my name. Cross your fingers and wish me luck, will you?

The weekend was fun. My sister was really suprised, and a little freaked out by me showing up - I walked in the front door, and found her on the patio out back with my parents. When she saw me she jumped up and gave me a big hug, and asked me what I was doing there... it was fun.

So we helped her get all ready for the party, and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, making sure there were drinks available for all of the people. I did break down, and have a little bit of wine, even though it's not June yet, but I just had one glass. And lots and lots of water.

On the way home, sitting in the airport waiting for the flight to be called, I looked around... and saw someone I knew. It's so weird when that happens. Sitting there, wating to get on the same flight was Lucas, someone I know through the blogger network. She has family that lives in the Tulsa area too... not something that we knew about each other, so it was kind of a shock.

Anyway, I need to hop in the shower and get off to work. More meetings....
~a

2 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh WEIRD that you guys ran into each other!

Glad you had fun... and the fact that you only had 1 glass of wine at a function like that is very impressive.

~JS

Land family said...

Responding to a previous post about your cat that I just read. Have you looked into transdermal ear gel? You have to order it through a compounding pharmacy (I think that's what they are called). But it spares the cat the pilling as you just put it on their ear. My cat had a thyroid issue and couldn't tolerate the medication so we had to have the iodine radiation treatment, but he was only 11 and otherwise healthy.

I hope your kitty feels better soon. I am such a sucker for cats even now with 2 kids.